Join us in Winnipeg, MB on October 14-15, 2023 from 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM CST.
This is a 16 hour, 2 day, hands-on training and learn how to provide quick and effective pain management for the enhanced mobility of your clients with Cupping for Lymphatics.
This advanced course will detail the use of cupping for conditions of the lymphatic system. We will explore the indications and contraindications for using negative pressure in relation to the lymphatic system. We will look at the historical use of cupping for lymphatic drainage, and how cupping may be used to supplement handson lymphatic drainage treatments.
There is 2-way communication at all times, both audio and video, so the instructor and students are more involved the entire length of the course and lots of hands on time!
We provide you with information on how to treat common client complaints by using Cupping for Lymphatics for the overall outcome of your client’ treatment plan. We will cover techniques to use that are specific for the Lymphatic system.
***A previous Cupping course is a prerequisite for this advanced course! If you have not taken a cupping course please start with our 16 hour Evidence Informed Clinical Cupping course.
You will be able to take the course from the comfort of your home or office, over the internet.
What you will need is
- a laptop with a camera or a computer with a webcam or a tripod for your phone/tablet and a bit of space to work in. The camera will pick up what you are doing, so a way of using it close to you and hands free will be very helpful.
- a good quality internet connection
- a headset or headphones with a mic (the ones that come with most phones will work well) This will stop feedback from happening when people have open microphones.
- a person to practice on – not for the whole 2 days, a detailed time schedule will be sent prior to the course so you can make arrangements as needed
- massage table and linens, massage oil, and whatever makes you happy in your treatment room
- Hydrogen peroxide – if you are able to access it above 7.5% from a hydroponics store or a pool supply store. It is not mandatory for the course but required for disinfection once you begin working with clients again, so it is good to have on hand.
- You will need a set of cups. If you do not have cups check out our online sample pack.
The course will start at 9:00am through 6:00pm CST, each day. Please check your start time for your time zone
**We will be starting at 9:00am sharp each day, so please join us by 8:45am to get set up and settled.
Paul Kohlmeier, BPE, RMT, R.Ac.
Registered Massage Therapist and Registered Acupuncturist, Paul Kohlmeier is an experienced and skilled therapist who is also trained as a Traditional Chinese Medicine Herbalist. Graduating with a Physical Education degree from the University of Manitoba, Paul went on to obtain his Diploma in Massage Therapy from Wellington College and Diplomas in both Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine from the Hua Xia Acupuncture and Herb College of Canada. Paul has a wealth of information looking for ways to get out of his head…which has led him to teaching and lecturing over the last 15 years.
Paul runs a community acupuncture practice, in addition to his Massage Therapy practice from his clinic based in Winnipeg, Manitoba. In addition to his keen interest in Massage Therapy and Chinese Medicine, Paul is a self-proclaimed research geek having participated in the World Fascia Congress, IN-CAM and the Massage Therapy Foundation Research Conference and loves bringing everything he learns into the treatment room as well as the classroom.
Being certified in both Massage Therapy and Chinese Medicine, Paul has a unique ability to speak to the two different bodies of knowledge. He takes a decidedly different approach, working towards an explanatory narrative that represents current thinking and science, as well as adding a feedback-based model of explanation that includes a patient-directed approach.